My spouse has often wondered aloud whether she should be spending so much time on her photography. I think I’ve permanently damaged my eyes from two decades of rolling them. Photography is her bliss, of course she should follow it!
This week, she’ll be following her passion all the way to Japan. Woot! I get to stay home and be lazy. Double woot!
Now in case either of my readers are wondering about their own sweeties, here is my list of 10 reasons to suspect that one’s partner is passionate about photography.
1. You and your spouse together take the dogs for their afternoon walk. You always remember their scoop bags; she always remembers her camera.
2. The first thing she purchased for her trip to Japan was a weatherproof case holding 12 64gb memory cards.
3. On the third day, she arose from her desk chair, having chosen from among 200 possibilities the perfect camera-gear bag.
4. Her most frequently-used verb is “focus”.
5. She laughs in the face of snowstorms: they make excellent background for minimalist nature shots.
6. When typing online, she writes ISO more frequently than LOL.
7. She notices that one of your blog posts has no accompanying photo, so she helpfully emails you a few.
8. Her favourite colour is black-and-white.
9. She doesn’t notice a large gift, wrapped in pink and red tissue paper, sitting on her studio table (see #8 above).
10. Your pets are Bokeh the dog, F-Stop the cat, and Ansel and Adams the lovebirds.
Well all right, #10 exaggerates. But if you recognize five or more of these symptoms, you may well be living with a photographer.